Friday, May 21, 2010

Product of the Week: The ORIGINAL BUGSHIRT ELITE

You can't beat it with a stick (a big stick as you can see later -- scroll down).  This Bug Shirt keeps the nastys away and it is bug season.  With our recent heat wave up in Ely, it won't be long until the wee ones are out in force.  Protect yourself with one of these!
Below are some testimonials and a link to some crazy, incredible pictures of the bug shirt in action in a way it was never intended to be used (but actually became a life-saver).  I'll just post a link to these pictures, because they are graphic in nature and not for the squeamish.  Read the story first and you'll see what I mean.  OVER THE YEARS WE HAD SOME GREAT PRODUCTS BECOME BEST SELLERS FOR THE BOUNDARY WATERS CATALOG.  THE ORIGINAL BUG SHIRT CAN MAKE OR BREAK A TRIP!

"Yes, the hooded bug shirts you see in canoeing magazines, with their fine mesh face masks, will make you look like an astronaut from a '50s sci-fi flick. So what? You'll be catching small mouths while your companions run screaming into the boonies."
Keith McCafferty, Field and Stream, Page 74, July 2002

"Effective bugproof clothing can make living with insect hordes a lot more bearable. The Original Bug Shirt Company . . . manufactures the design I like best."
Jerome E. Robinson, Field and Stream, June 1996

"Anyone who spends a lot of time outdoors during the bug season - ...gardening, farming, hiking, yard cleaning and tree planting - will like it."
Harrowsmith, June 1992

"Tired of using chemicals to ward off hungry bands of insects?  Made for adults and kids, this shirt is constructed of a tightly woven fabric impenetrable to mosquitoes that's bridged with panels of a polyester no-see-um mesh for ventilation.  The mesh is designed to hang away from the body and be zipped away at the face.  I remember one long night in a malarial jungle in Laos when I would have traded anything for this shirt."
Kevin Vallely, Outpost, Annual 2006

" . . . reclaim your favorite bit of back country from the winged nemesis."
Backpacker - Gear, May 1992

" . . . this could be the answer to your prayers."
Outdoor Photographer, August 1994

OK here's the SCARY but TRUE story:

The pictures are a little graphic, so if you're squeamish, don't follow the link.

To Whom It May Concern: 

I thought that you may find this story and attached photos interesting. While on a fishing trip near Sault Saint Marie, Ontario, I had a very unfortunate run in with a pine tree. (Pictures enclosed)

On our return trip from a small brook trout lake, our off road vehicle collided with a dead pine tree lying along an old logging road.

The tip of the tree entered my body at my belly button and exited out the side. This was as much of a near death experience as it gets, considering I was over 2 hours from the nearest hospital

Upon impact my bug shirt was actually pulled off my back and followed the tree as it passed through my body. During my post op. conference with my doctors it was explained to me that the very serious risk of infection was basically eliminated due to my bug shirt preventing any of the tree from making contact with my insides.

I have been an outspoken fan of the bug shirt since my first purchase and I am quite certain that I now hold the proud distinction of being your #1 fan and most satisfied customer. It is very possible that your shirt saved my life.

I am recovering fine and am looking forward to replacing my shirt as soon as possible. As you can see from the photos my shirt survived the accident, but did not survive being cut off me.

Thank you for making such a quality garment.

Tom S. Crabill, President

MEDORA BUILDING COMPANY

The pictures are a little graphic, so if you're squeamish, don't follow the link.
link to pictures of accident:  http://www.bugshirt.com/amazing.htm

No comments:

Followers