Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lonnie Dupre Mount McKinley Expedition: Homecoming

I wound up staying up all night last night after I got back to basecamp at 4:30am. It was a wonderful morning spent with Masatoshi who is currently trying to summit Hunter.
Paul Rodrick, owner of Talkeetna Air Taxi accompanied by Stevie and Dmitri flew into basecamp at 2:45pm today to pick me up. It was wonderful to see them as well as knowing I wouldn’t have to spend anymore nights underneath the snow.
3 showers, 2 beers and 1 good dinner back in Talkeetna and it’s time to hit the sack… or better yet a REAL BED.
Be sure and check back frequently. As we sort through many images and video from the expedition we will be sharing them here. We’ll also keep you informed as presentations and other events unfold.
I want to thank you again for following along on my expedition. I appreciate all the well wishes and prayers that were sent my way.
~Lonnie

No comments:

Followers